Cake Pictures 02

    Easter sugar cookies

    Sugar cookies, both traditional and chocolate, made for Easter. Decorated with buttercream and peanut butter buttercream.






    New cakes

    It's been a while since I've posted here, but really, what's to post? I do want to share my latest cake with you. Once you've taken a look at this, please feel free to look through the other pictures too.

    Summer-time bliss

    What is summer without some pink lemonade? Or even cupcakes? How about some pink lemonade cupcakes?

    Friday, May 27, 2011

    I graduated!

    Tonight was my last class in the Decorating Basics Course. This was such a fun class to take! I've always enjoyed baking and wanted to learn decorating, so I'm glad I took the opportunity to do it.

    My final cake was a chocolate sour cream cake with Bavarian cream filling, chocolate buttercream icing, and dark chocolate buttercream borders. I can't wait to cut into it and taste it!




    More cake!

    My best friend asked me to make her daughter's 13th birthday cake for her party tonight. So I obliged. She wanted the cake itself to be purple, with white frosting and purple zebra stripes, and hot pink borders. I used Wilton's sugar sheets to make the zebra stripes. I had a lot of fun making this cake and her daughter absolutely loved it!



    Tonight in the cake decorating class, we learned how to do drop flowers, rosettes, pompom flowers, shaggy mums, and the 1M swirl. Here are pictures of the cupcakes I made in class.


    Pompom flower above.
    Rosettes.
    A leaf design.
    A shaggy mum.

    Once I got home, I switched over to the leftover buttercream frosting I had and frosted the rest of the cupcakes using the 1M swirl.
    The reverse 1M swirl. I like how this really looks like a rose.


    I thought these turned out really cute!

    Next week is our final class for this course. We have to take a frosted cake to class so we can decorate it. Then, starting the very next week, we'll move on to Course 2, Fondant & Gum Paste Flowers.

    I guess it's a good thing I made these cupcakes. Hubby and I can use them to celebrate our 6th anniversary on Saturday.

    Cake photos

    I took my second basic cake decorating class tonight. It was lots of fun despite the fact that I'm suffering from either a double ear infection or a sinus infection. I'm going to go to urgent care tomorrow to have them diagnose what's going on so I can get some relief.




    We learned dimensional piping, leveling and torting a cake, then filling it. Practiced smoothing the cake with Viva paper towels. Oh, and piping gel transfers. That's the procedure I followed to get the pattern I made on the cake.

    We'll have this cake on Saturday for my birthday party with my family. I'll actually be gone on my birthday for work on Tuesday, so we are celebrating early. I'll be turning the big four oh.

    My thoughts are with you tomorrow

    For those of you who have found success, Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! For those who are still striving to fulfill that dream, may you enjoy the day with your Mom.

    I made this cake for my mother in law for tomorrow. It's a white chocolate velvet cake with strawberries and cream filling, strawberry buttercream icing, and shaggy mums on top. I haven't yet "learned" to do these in class, but I wanted to give them a try. Not too bad if I say so myself. I just hope my buttercream stays put!



    Saturday morning musings

    This morning I'm going for the March of Dimes walk. My team raised over $2,000 which was double our goal. I raised $525, so not too bad.

    I'm planning on dropping off all my unused fertility medications at the Nat.ion.al Take Ba.ck Pre.scr.iption day program. It's all expired and just taking up room in our back room.

    I am taking up a new hobby. Cake decorating. A friend of mine got me interested in it and I figure if I'm good enough I might just be able to make a little bit of money at it. Here are some photos of the cakes I've already done, and I haven't even taken any of the classes yet!







    I got the idea for the Rainbow Cake from Lisa over at A Day in the Life of a Preachermans Wife. Thanks Lisa! This rainbow cake got lots of rave reviews! The first two cakes shown are modified versions of it with just four layers, as I'm taking those to different events and need to be able to easily transport them. The seven layer cake I made was over 8 inches tall! So yeah, needed something not quite so tall.

    If you are ever in need of some great buttercream recipes, go to the Wilton Discussion Forums where you will find the BEST buttercream recipe! It's called Bunnywoman's ButterCream. You will not be disappointed with it.

Post Title

Cake Pictures 02


Post URL

http://pammycakes-pammycakes.blogspot.com/2011/09/cake-pictures-02.html


Visit pammycakes for Daily Updated pammycakes Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List